Preregistration is an early registration period for majors and minors that comes before the “official” registration period begins
Tuesday March 14 – Wednesday March 22. Additional advisement appointments available for English and Writing students; students can fill out the preregistration request form.
Monday March 20 – Wednesday March 22: preregistration requests will be processed by the English Department in the order received.
How to Preregister for Fall 2023:
1. Review the list of courses available
2. Meet with an English advisor (optional, but highly recommended!)
3. Fill out the preregistration form
- Preregistration forms will be processed starting Monday March 20 in the order received. You will only be contacted if there is a problem with your request. We cannot register you before March 20.
- The full list of college courses is viewable in the CUNYfirst Schedule of Classes.
- After preregistration week, the following schedule applies:
- March 27: Senior and graduate (degree-seeking) registration begins
- March 28: Junior and second BA registration begins
- March 29: Sophomore registration begins
- March 30: Freshman registration begins
- April 3: New freshman, transfer and visiting, and all non-degree seeking registration begins
Undergraduate Advisement Hours. Starting Tuesday March 14, Profs. Weingarten and Silyn Roberts will have extended advisement hours for English majors, minors, and Writing minors needing help with preregistration. Appointments for Virtual Zoom meetings are required through QC Navigate.
MA students needing advisement should email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
MFA students needing advisement should email email@example.com
If you are a non-major and interested in taking one of our General Education courses (ENGL 151(W); 153(W), 157(W), 162(W), and 165W), please be advised that we cannot over-tally students into closed sections of these classes.
Please note that any General Education course with the designation "SK" is restricted to students in the SEEK program, and is not open to general enrollment. All English courses in the ENGL 170W-300 range are only open to students within the English major or minor. Writing minor students may take 200- and 300-level writing workshops. Other departments are offering courses in the Spring that satisfy the College Option Literature Requirement, and we encourage you to check the course offerings on CUNYfirst in Comparative Literature, East Asian Studies, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, History, Italian, Middle Eastern Studies, Russian, or Spanish. For a full list of courses that satisfy all Pathways, College Option, and W requirements, please visit Queens College General Education.
MFA students should contact Prof. Nicole Cooley (Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
The advising sheets below list the requirements for the different English programs. You should go through this form in consultation with a full-time faculty advisor.
English Major Advisement Sheet (41CR)
English Education (7-12) Advisement Sheet (41CR)
English Minor Advisement Sheet (20CR)
English Minor Advisement sheet for EECE majors (30CR)