Preregistration is an early registration period for majors and minors that comes before the “official” registration period begins.
Monday October 23- Friday October 27: Advisement appointments available for English and Writing majors and minors; students can fill out the preregistration request form.
Wednesday October 25 – Friday October 27: preregistration requests will be processed by the English Department in the order received.
How to Preregister for Spring 2024:
1. Review the list of courses available:
2. Make an appointment for advising to go over your draft schedule with Prof. Drury or Prof. Fisk. We have lots of availability posted on QCNavigate, and you can email us if you have trouble finding a time.
3. Fill out the preregistration form:
- Preregistration forms will be processed starting Wednesday October 25 in the order received. You will only be contacted if there is a problem with your request. We cannot register you before October 25.
- The full list of college courses is viewable in CUNY’s Global Search Class Schedule.
- English majors need certain classes to fulfill area requirements. You can find a complete list of classes that fit those areas here: Which electives satisfy my English Major?
- After preregistration week, the following schedule applies:
- October 30: Seniors and matriculated graduates can register
- October 31: Juniors and 2nd BA students
- November 1: Sophomores
- November 2: Freshmen
- November 6: New freshmen, transfer students, and visiting non-degree students
Undergraduate Advisement Hours. Starting Monday October 23, Profs. Fisk and Drury will have extended advisement hours for English majors, minors, and Writing minors needing help with preregistration. Appointments for Virtual Zoom meetings are required through QC Navigate.
If you are a non-major and interested in taking one of our General Education courses (ENGL 151(W); 153(W), 157(W), 162(W), and 165W), please be advised that we cannot over-tally students into closed sections of these classes.
Please note that any General Education course with the designation "SK" is restricted to students in the SEEK program, and is not open to general enrollment. All English courses in the ENGL 170W-300 range are only open to students within the English major or minor. Writing minor students may take 200- and 300-level writing workshops. Other departments are offering courses in the Spring that satisfy the College Option Literature Requirement, and we encourage you to check the course offerings on CUNYfirst in Comparative Literature, East Asian Studies, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, History, Italian, Middle Eastern Studies, Russian, or Spanish. For a full list of courses that satisfy all Pathways, College Option, and W requirements, please visit Queens College General Education.